Often when home sellers have lived a long time in their house, they become unaware or impartial to its imperfections. Having a stager with a fresh set of eyes that is trained to assess the property for aspects that diminish property equity is a worthwhile investment.
The staging process all begins with a personal consultation with a staging professional. A consultant designs a plan, timelines, agreeable budget and determines who will complete each item of the plan. A full-service consultation is a comprehensive, walk-through, evaluating all items that will make or break the sale of your property.
The homeowner's decorating style is not what the buyer is likely to be looking for.
Often when home sellers have lived a long time in their house, they become unaware or impartial to its imperfections. They overlook the outdated décor, worn flooring, much needed fresh paint and repairs that have been long forgotten. Having a stager with a fresh set of eyes that is trained to assess the property for aspects that diminish property equity is a worthwhile investment.
Consultation Process - Step One of the Staging Plan
This process is a face to face meeting between professional stager and home seller which involves:
- Exterior evaluated for potential improvements to enhance curb appeal.
- Comprehensive walk-through of your home to assess the function and condition of each room including; furniture, placement, flow, clutter, lighting, color, accessories and any needed repairs.
- Focal points of the home will be identified as well as areas of opportunity.
- The property will be viewed as seen through the buyer’s eyes.
- A Room Ready Handbook is provided with recommendations outlining the work that is required to get your house ready for showcasing.
The consultation provides a full picture (Room Ready Handbook) of what is needed to bring the property up to par – the more you do to prepare your house for sale, the better your return on investment.