We help seniors who are looking to downsize either to remain in their existing home or preparing to transition and relocate to a new home.
Studies estimate that most people only use about 20% of their possessions. More the 60% of seniors over the age of 70 would confirm they have more things than they need, however, downsizing and letting go of stuff remains a delicate topic and challenge for older adults. Relocating to a new home can be a very emotional and stressful experience for anyone, especially a senior who has spent many years in their existing home and gathered a lifetime of memories and cherished possessions. Scaling down and allocating those treasured possessions can be daunting and overwhelming. At Home Redefined, we work closely with seniors and their family to tailor a downsizing and relocation program that serves your needs.
We help seniors who are looking to downsize either to remain in their existing home or preparing to transition and relocate to a new home. Downsizing can create a feeling of freedom, renewed sense of revitalization and offer significant benefits of well-being. Our professional downsizing and relocation services, compassionately and respectfully supports seniors, make their way to their next chapter in life:
- Retirement home/community
- Nursing home
- Assisted Living environment
- Smaller home
- Moving in with family
- Remaining in existing home
- Establish a budget and timeline for the move
- Plan and facilitate the downsizing and relocation process
- Formulate inventory and itemized household contents
- Develop and coordinate a distribution plan for possessions – keep, donated to charity, sent to family and friends, sell, store or dispose
- Design a space and furniture plan for new home
- Administrative relocation activities
Moving & Relocating
- Pack household contents
- Work with reliable movers who will carefully transport your possessions to your new home
- Oversee the client move
- Unpack household contents and put the new home in a welcoming and comfortable order
Prepare Home to be SOLD
- Property consultation and recommendations for enhancing the property value and equity
- Help get your property real estate market ready to ensure you get the highest property valuation
- Coordinate contractors and special services for the existing home (cleaning, repairs, waste removal etc.)
- Develop a design plan for property staging/showcasing
- Source furniture, accessories and artwork for showcasing
- Showcase existing house for sale – to make your house look amazing for potential buyers
- Engage photographer to take great photos
- Refer client to Realtor for listing property on MLS
We are here to help seniors and their family with a seamless and successful transition…
- Free in-home Consultation (to a maximum of 2 hours)
- Provide reasonable rates, so you can determine what meets with your budget.
- Fully insured and bondable.
- Manage and coordinate all the details, providing you with peace of mind
- All estimates are customized to each move and service plan. A detailed explanation is provided in the estimate outlining each step of the Service Plan.
Contact us today, for a Free In-Home Consultation to discuss your senior transition requirements.
Note: Each senior move is unique and requires a different level of time requirements and special services that will determine the price. Home Redefined will provide a written estimate for all services, approved and signed by the client prior to work commencing.